- Alien Files (“A-Files”) at the National Archives at San Francisco & Kansas City
- Chinese American GI Project – To honor up to 20,000 Chinese American men and women served during WW II
- Chinese American Inclusion/Exclusion New York Historical Society exhibition – will be in Portland, Oregon in January 28 to May 1, 2016, Oregon Historical Society, http://www.ohs.org
- Chinese Exclusion Act case files at National Archives regional facilities
- Chinese Immigration and the Chinese in the U. S.
- Frederick Bee History Project by Anthony Oertel (Frederick A. Bee was a witness at habeas corpus cases for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, San Francisco, March 22, 1882-June 16, 1887)
- Marisa Louie Lee – Genealogical & Historical Research
- No Place Project by Tim Greyhavens
- Past Presence – Linda Yip Genealogy – specializing in Canadian and Chinese genealogy
- Wing Luke Museum
The Chinese at the 1909 A-Y-P Exposition
I created this blog in 2009 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Alaska Yukon Pacific Exposition in Seattle, Washington. The blog is about the Chinese workers and promoters of AYPE, the visiting dignitaries and their families, the local and out-of-town Chinese who attended the fair, China Day and its parade and dragon, the Chinese acrobats, the Chinese Village, and many of the Chinese who were a part of the AYPE. If you have an ancestor who attended the fair, or if you have stories, artifacts or photos you would like to share, it would be fun to hear from you at THackettNicola@gmail.com
Although the blog is no longer active, I will keep it on the internet since it has information about the Chinese in Seattle in 1909.
Chinese American Eyes
Famous, forgotten, well-known, and obscure visual artists of Chinese descent in the United States by Alex Jay
The Blue, the Gray and the Chinese
American Civil War Participants of Chinese Descent by Alex Jay
“6 Portlanders’ family stories of exclusion for being Chinese,” by Amy Wang, The Oregonian/ OregonLive , 26 February 2016.
“I think I am going to fly : Chinese Pilots Trained in Portland During the 1930s,” Oregon Historical Quarterly, 122:4 (Winter 2021), 532-545.
“Felix W. McGettrick and the Chinese Exclusion Act,” Irish Lives Remembered, Spring 2020, 88-91.
Send me your suggestions for links to Chinese Exclusion Act case files resources.